Wednesday, May 16, 2012

A New Shower Head;)

Sunday was Mother's Day.  What did we do, you wonder?  Well, my husband and I took off for three days to stay at the beach.  I'll admit I felt a little bad on Sunday at 2:00 when I wasn't quite ready to come home.  The weather was great,  we ran, we laughed, we walked on the beach,  we hung out with a bachelorette  party at the bar until it closed.  Really it was a Mother's day to remember.
One of the greatest things about the house other than being at the beach is the downstairs shower.  First of all, I got to tile again, second, the glass door is really pretty, and third, it has a massaging shower head that is ideal after a long day of remodeling or a great run.  So I was thinking to myself why in the world have I not done this at my own house?    It's about a 30 minute project including the drive to and from Lowe's. 

After having a great Thai dinner with my kids and husband, receiving some very thoughtful mother's day gifts, and a card that made me cry, I ran to Lowe's and grabbed a new Moen shower head.  There have to be 50 types and brands to choose from, all you have to do is look at the features and decide.   The  one I bought  has 5 settings and  a 5 foot hose.  The shower I put it in is large, so it is also useful in cleaning.

Honestly this  is one of the faster projects you can do.  All you need is pipe tape and a towel, not even a wrench.  Oh, and you will also need a great pair of scissors to break into the packaging.  I swear who ever made that design was a piece of work.  It takes just as long to open the package as to install the shower head.

Instructions:

1.  First remove the old shower head by unscrewing it.

                                                                2.  Put pipe tape on the threads of the pipe of the shower                                                                              head.


3.  Twist the new fitting onto the pipe.  They say you don't need tools.  You don't, but as you can see from this picture you really need to twist hard.

The rest is really simple:

4.  Twist hose to the new fitting

5.  Twist new shower head on

6.  Turn the shower on  to test for leaks

This is where the towel will come in handy.
If you need to tighten more and need a better grip, use the towel.  I may be smiling but I was using some serious muscle to get it tight.

Happy showering and home improvement.

Enjoy....I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment